Info graphics, What are they
Information graphics or info graphics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly.
Info graphics or Infographics have been around for many years and recently the proliferation of a number of easy-to-use, free tools have made the creation of infographics available to a large segment of the population. Social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter have also allowed for individual infographics to be spread among many people around the world.Info graphics displays should:
- show the data
- induce the viewer to think about the substance rather than about methodology, graphic design, the technology of graphic production or something else
- avoid distorting what the data have to say
- present many numbers in a small space
- make large data sets coherent
- encourage the eye to compare different pieces of data
- reveal the data at several levels of detail, from a broad overview to the fine structure.
- serve a reasonably clear purpose: description, exploration, tabulation or decoration.
- be closely integrated with the statistical and verbal descriptions of a data set.
Graphics reveal data. Indeed graphics can be more precise and revealing than conventional statistical computations. So in Architecture we also should have and do have some great infographics. I have listed the better ones here for your convenience.
Architectural Info graphics
- Famous Monuments In Paris
- Saving The Earth With Sustainable Cities
- Build Green – Does it pay to go Green?
- Landscape Architecture
- The 8 Essential Tools For Content Architecture
- 10 Coolest Places To Work : Amazing Architecture
- Architecture Education Today
- Architecture For Humanity
- How Do UK Architects Use Twitter
- How To Choose A Kitchen Layout
- Longest and tallest Bridges
- Public Interest Design
- Steel And Iron in Architecture